Thursday, January 31, 2019

Digital Technology Curriculum

Victoria Macann
Learning Architects
Waipawa School
Teacher Only Day
30 January 2019

Digital Technology Curriculum

Rationale:

To unpack the Digital Technology Curriculum by first focusing on understanding the Computational Thinking strand.

Evidence:


What does this mean for my practice:


Decomposition – breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts
Abstraction – focusing on the important information only, ignoring irrelevant details

Algorithms – developing a step-by-step solution to the problem

Logic/pattern recognition - looking for similarities among and within problems
I am going to begin by looking for this type of thinking in the different areas throughout the school day so I am building my awareness of these areas within the learning.  
I will add this information into the Learning Stories that I write.
Marry up the decomposition skill with the Talk Moves skills that we learn in the DMIC PLD.  Breaking down the information in a word problem and adding step by step information to the word problem is all decomposing and supporting computational thinking.



No comments:

Post a Comment